Table of Contents Hide
- How To Sew An Envelope Pillow Cover
- What is an envelope pillow cover?
- Make an envelope pillow cover
- How to sew an envelope pillow cover
- Different types of envelope pillows
- Sewing tools and materials
- Making a pattern for a pillow case
- Where to buy fabric for an envelope pillow cove
- Tips and Tricks with the Sewing Pillow Cove
- Are envelope pillow easy to make?
- How much fabric do you need for an envelope pillow?
- How much should an envelope pillow cover overlap?
- How do you measure an envelope pillow cover?
- How do you make an 18×18 envelope pillow cover?
- How do you make a 16×16 envelope pillow cover?
How To Sew An Envelope Pillow Cover
Have you been looking for a new way to spruce up your home decor? Have you been sick of the same old pillows that are falling apart or your kids have destroyed in the past? Looks like you might have found the perfect solution! Check out this article that shows you how to sew an envelope pillow cover.
Sewing is one of those crafts that you can do at any level of skill and without an instruction manual. However, with these simple instructions on how to sew your own envelope pillow cover, you’ll be ready to craft a unique piece for the home.
What is an envelope pillow cover?
An envelope pillow cover is a type of pillow cover that is made from an envelope. This type of pillow cover is perfect for people who want a lightweight pillow cover that they can take with them when they travel. The envelope pillow cover is also great for people who are on a budget because it is a low-cost option.
An envelope pillow cover is a type of pillow case that is made from an envelope. It is a simple, but stylish way to add some personality to your bedding collection. You can use an envelope pillow cover in place of a bed sheet or blanket to help you stay warm during the night. You can also use an envelope pillow cover as a decorative accessory.
An envelope pillow cover is a quick and easy way to add a beautiful finishing touch to your sofa or bed. They are made from an envelope that has been cut in half, then sewn together. You can find envelope pillow covers at most craft stores.
Make an envelope pillow cover
Sewing an envelope pillow cover is a great way to add a little extra style to your home decor. This project is easy to follow and can be completed in just a few short hours. You will need the following supplies:
-Fabric (either a solid color or patterned)
1. Begin by tracing the outline of the envelope onto the fabric. If you are using a template, be sure to save it beforehand so that you can easily match up the measurements when sewing the cover.
2. Cut out the traced outline of the envelope with scissors. Be sure to leave a 1/4 inch seam allowance all around. Do not cut into the flap of the envelope!
3. Next, fold the fabric in half so that the seam is now along one edge. Pin unfolded fabric together along folded edge, making sure to leave 1/4 inch seam allowance on both sides. Sew seam together with a zigzag stitch, being careful not to cut into flap of envelope. Trim off excess fabric around seam afterwards. Repeat steps 1-3 for the remaining piece of paper.
4. Using the pattern as a guide, trace out the cut-out design onto the fabric in pencil. It may help to use a light weight paper first so that you can make sure it is large enough to see your pencil lines clearly! Mark fabric along traced lines with safety pins.5. Using a ruler and straight edge, draw around first pattern piece in pencil on wrong side of fabric. Next, trim excess paper and iron or starch seam open to attach pattern piece to envelope front. Turn envelope over so that pattern is facing inside and iron or starch seam shut again.
How to sew an envelope pillow cover
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add some warmth and style to your home, consider sewing up a envelope pillow cover! This project is easy to complete and can be done in a few hours. Here’s how to do it:
1. Begin by cutting out a piece of fabric that is slightly larger than the pillowcase you want to cover. You’ll need enough fabric for two layers.
2. Place the fabric wrong side up on your work surface and trim the edges even with the edge of the pillowcase.
3. Turn the pillowcase right side out and place it over the trimmed fabric, aligning the edges so they are flush. Pin all around the edge of the pillowcase.
4. Sew around the perimeter of the pillowcase, using a straight stitch or a zigzag if desired. Be sure to backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam.
5. Turn the cover right side out and press it open. Slip your new pillows inside and enjoy your new addition to your home decor!
Different types of envelope pillows
Envelope pillows are a great way to add a touch of personality to any room. They come in all different shapes and sizes, so there’s sure to be one that will fit your needs. Here are four different types of envelope pillows that you can try out:
1. The Memory Foam Envelope Pillow
This pillow is made from memory foam, so it’s comfortable and supportive. It also has a zippered closure for added security.
2. The U-Shaped Envelope Pillow
This type of envelope pillow is shaped like an upside down U. It’s perfect for people who want to get extra support from their pillow. Plus, the closure makes it easy to keep clean.
3. The Faux Suede Envelope Pillow
This type of envelope pillow is made from faux suede fabric. It’s soft and comfortable, and it looks like real suede leather. This is a popular choice for people who want something unique and stylish in their bedroom.
4. The Floral Envelope Pillow
This type of envelope pillow is decorated with beautiful flowers printed on the inside. It’s perfect if you want a pillow that’s both stylish and comfortable.5. The Zipper Pillow Zipper pillows are perfect for people who like to sleep on their sides or back. This pillow is a unique option that’s made from zippers and rope, and it’s super soft, too.6. The Faux Suede Ornament Envelope Pillow
This type of envelope pillow features faux suede fabric with a decorative charm attached to the inside. It’s perfect for people who want a luxurious option in their bedroom but also need some extra support from their pillow.7. The Speckled Envelope Pillow This type of envelope pillow is decorated with lovely speckles all over the inside, like alligator skin or crocodile skin ikat. It’s even machine washable.8. The Down and Feather Envelope Pillow The down and feather pillow is made to look like a quilt or comforter, but it also provides comfort while you sleep.
Sewing tools and materials
-One 18″ wide envelope, per pillow cover
-Thread or cord for attaching the envelope to the pillow
-A sewing machine with a zipper foot
-Pillow insert (optional)
1. Cut the envelope open along one long edge. Fold the open edge in half so that the two edges now meet in the center. Sew around the entire opening using a zigzag stitch. Leave a 1″ opening on one end of the envelope.
2. Turn the envelope so that the open end is facing up and place it over the pillow. Match up the sewn opening on the envelope with the hole in the pillow and press down gently so that the fabric covers both sides of the hole.
3. Insert your pillow insert if desired and then tie off both ends of your thread or cord in a knot. Trim any excess cord or thread away from your seams.
Making a pattern for a pillow case
Creating a pattern for a pillow case can be a fun and challenging project. There are a few different ways to go about it, and the options will depend on the size, shape, and materials of your pillow.
One approach is to draw your design on paper first. You can use either a pencil or a ballpoint pen to sketch out the basic shape of the cover, then transfer the design to fabric using a tailor’s tacking tape measure.
If you’re using premade patterns, you can find them in sewing magazines or online. Just be sure to check the measurements of the cover before you start stitching – you’ll need enough fabric to cover the entire pillow, not just the seam allowances.
If you prefer to make your own pattern, you can do it in any number of ways. One approach is to create a template from an existing pillow case. Trace the outline of the case onto tissue paper or lightweight cardstock, then cut out the pattern pieces. You can also draw your design freehand on fabric and use that as your template.
Once you’ve created your pattern, it’s time to start sewing! Begin by sewing together the base of the cover – leave a Â½” seam allowance on all sides. Then you can begin to sew the top and bottom of the pillow together, working from the middle out, sewing along each side of your design before moving to the next one. When you reach the bottom of one panel, continue right around to the other side and match up with that panel’s raw edges.
Seam it in the ditch! With your cover sewn together and pressed, turn it inside out. Now you’re ready to insert your pillow into its new casing.
Use a pencil to mark where you want your seams to go, then carefully make those marks on both sides of your pillow case (usually at each corner). Next, place your pillow inside the case and then hand-stitch your seams.For a cleaner look, try threading a yarn or ribbon through the bottom edges of the case before stitching it closed.It’s nice to have a cover when you’re not carrying around your pillow everyday, but if you prefer to sleep on the couch or use your pillow at home, it can still be useful to have one as an extra layer of protection. And if you end up sleeping with it every night…. well, maybe you deserve what’s in store for you!
Where to buy fabric for an envelope pillow cove
If you’re looking for fabric to make an envelope pillow cover, there are a few places to look. One option is to search online for fabric retailers that carry envelope pillow covers. You could also go to a fabric store and ask a salesperson where they would recommend buying envelope pillow fabric. Another option is to find remnant or discontinued fabrics at a fabric store and sew your own envelope pillow cover.
Where to buy envelope pillow fabric?
There are a few places where you can buy envelope pillow fabric. One option is to buy it online. Another option is to find a fabric store that specializes in sewing supplies and fabrics. You can also find envelope pillow fabric at some craft stores. You can also buy envelope pillow fabric at your local fabric stores.A few things to keep in mind before you purchase envelope pillow covers.
Tips and Tricks with the Sewing Pillow Cove
Sewing pillow covers can be a fun and easy sew project. There are a few tips and tricks that you can use to make sure your cover turns out perfect.
The first step is to measure your pillowcase and the size of the pillow form. You will also need to account for the seam allowance on both the pillowcase and the pillow form. The seam allowance is the amount of fabric that will be left unsewn after you have sewn together your two pieces.
Once you have your measurements, it is time to start sewing! Start by sewing the two halves of the envelope together using a straight stitch. Make sure to leave a 1-inch seam allowance on both sides.
Now it is time to cut out your template. You will want to print out your template onto cardstock or another sturdy paper. Once you have your template printed out, remove the excess paper around the edges of the template.
Next, cut out your template using a rotary cutter or a sharp knife. Be careful not to cut through the seam allowance! Once you have cut out your template, it is time to begin sewing! Start by stitching one side of the envelope up using a straight stitch. Make sure to leave a 1-inch seam allowance on both sides.Now, cut along the outer edge of one of your layers, then fold it over and repeat on the other side. This will create a pocket. Pin this pocket to the side you previously stitched up, then stitch it in place using a straight stitch. Make sure to leave a 1-inch seam allowance on both sides.Your envelope should now look like this:BAM! You’re all done! If you don’t think you’ll be using this envelope often, feel free to just glue down your zipper instead. I will show you how to do that below!In order for this tutorial to work, you need some supplies from my store! You can find my shop here .
Are envelope pillow easy to make?
Most people are familiar with the envelope pillow because it’s such a popular and versatile sewing project. It’s also one of the easiest sewings projects you can do! All you need is an envelope and some fabric. You can use any type of fabric, but it’s best to use a lightweight fabric so the pillow will be comfortable to sleep on.
To make the envelope pillow, you’ll first need to cut out a piece of fabric that’s large enough to cover the entire front and back of your envelope. The size of the fabric piece will depend on the size of your envelope. Make sure the fabric is large enough so that it extends beyond both ends of the envelope by at least 1 inch.
Once you’ve cut out your fabric, you’ll need to unfold the flap on your envelope and place your fabric piece inside. If your fabric has a border, be sure to fold it over once or twice so that it covers all edges of your envelope flap. Then, folding the flaps back up along the seams, press them down firmly against the fabric.
Next, flip your envelop over so that your seam is facing down and start sewning around the edge of your envelope.
How much fabric do you need for an envelope pillow?
There is no set amount of fabric necessary for an envelope pillow cover, as the size and shape of the pillow will depend on the specific project. However, a standard pillow cover requires between 1 and 2 yards of fabric.
How much should an envelope pillow cover overlap?
If you’re looking to sew an envelope pillow cover, it’s important to consider how much overlap there should be. Envelope pillow covers are typically made by cutting a piece of fabric that is large enough to fit over the pillow and then sewing it on both sides so that the fabric overlaps by about 1 inch. This allows the cover to fit tightly around the pillow, providing support and preventing it from slipping off. Overlapping by too much can make the cover too tight, however, so be sure to measure carefully before starting your project.
How do you measure an envelope pillow cover?
It’s important to measure your envelope pillow cover carefully before sewing. Here are three methods to measure an envelope pillow cover:
1) Measure the outer circumference of your envelope pillow cover. This will give you the widest point of your cover.
2) Measure the height of your envelope pillow cover. This will give you the length of the opening at the top of your cover.
3) Measure the depth of your envelope pillow cover. This will give you the length of the opening at the bottom of your cover.
How do you make an 18×18 envelope pillow cover?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add a little bit of extra personality to your living room, you can try sewing an envelope pillow cover. This project is perfect for beginners and can be completed in just a few hours.
To start, you’ll need some fabric and an envelope. You can find both of these items at your local fabric store or online. Next, you’ll need to measure the circumference of the envelope’s exterior ring and cut the fabric accordingly. Make sure to also fold the fabric so that it matches the inner circumference of the envelope.
Now it’s time to sew the fabric around the outside of the envelope. Be sure to use a zigzag stitch so that the fabric doesn’t shrink or pull away from the envelope during drying. Once you’ve finished sewing, grab a hot iron and press the seams open.
Finally, it’s time to insert your pillow inside the cover. To do this, simply unfold the fabric and place your pillow inside. Then fold up the excess fabric around your pillow, making sure to line up the edges of the envelope with those of your pillow cover. Finally, press down on all sides of your cover until it feels secure.
How do you make a 16×16 envelope pillow cover?
If you’re looking to add a touch of extra elegance to your home decor, why not sew an envelope pillow cover? This project is simple and easy to follow, and can be completed in just a few hours.
To begin, take an envelope that’s the right size for your pillow. (You can find envelopes at your local retailer or online.) Then, cut out a circle out of the envelope’s center. You’ll also need to cut two slits in the top of the circle, so that it fits over your pillow nicely.
Next, fold the top half of the circle inwards so that it covers up the slits in the top of the circle. Make sure that the folded edge is smooth and free from wrinkles. Next, use a seam ripper or scissors to remove any unwanted fabric from around the edges of the envelope.
Finally, stitch the folded edge of the circle together using a seamstress’ needle and thread. Make sure that you go slowly and carefully so that you don’t accidentally pull your stitches. Once you’ve finished stitching, give your cover a final wash and dry to finish off your project!